The sequel to 2015’s old-school hit Pillars of Eternity continues the Watcher’s story, taking it to new places, and establishing a new threat of colossal proportions. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is the second adventure in Eora, complete with polished mechanics, impressive visuals, and epic-scale storyline.
A god’s return
Eothas, the god of light and rebirth, dead for years, has been reborn himself. Inhabiting a spiritually active colossal statues beneath your fortress he forced his way from beneath the ground, destroying your home. You must track down the rampant god and figure out the nature of a peculiar connection you seem to have.
An epic voyage
Commandeer a ship for your own purposes and chase the reborn god through the ocean to the Deadfire Archipelago. Become a captain and explore the pirate-ridden waters and islands of the archipelago, on a stylised open-world map. Discover smaller narratives, take part in boarding actions, and look for treasures forgotten in the modern age. The ship is your base of operations during the PoE: Deadfire gameplay, so take care of its crew and their needs. Will you be a godsend, or it will be the black flag that is going to fly?
Continue your journey
If you have completed the original Pillars of Eternity, you can import your character and see the next stage of your story unfold. Your decisions carry over and can make your life a little bit harder, or easier than you’d expect. Even some of your companions come with you to the new world. Eder, Aloth, and Pallegina form the backbone of your crew. Provided you didn’t kill them in PoE, of course.
Gone are the days of committing to only one career. Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire (PC) allows you to select a second class at character generation. Create some of the most outlandish class combinations out there, and see a unique name for each mix. Each class combination offers some of the iconic features of both professions.
- BEAST OF WINTER (Jul 2018): An ancient feud between eldritch powers goes unresolved in the southern seas, and only you can halt the mounting destruction. (post-launch content, a $10 value)
- SEEKER, SLAYER, SURVIVOR (Sep 2018): Far from the bustling trade lanes of the Deadfire Archipelago, the most ambitious warriors of Eora gather to compete for divine favour. (post-launch content, a $10 value)
- THE FORGOTTEN SANCTUM (Nov 2018): The great wizards of Eora have gathered together for a common cause and reach out to you, the Watcher, for assistance. (post-launch content, a $10 value)
Original Soundtrack: The soundtrack to Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire by Justin Bell, featuring all-new tracks inspired by the peoples and factions of the Deadfire Archipelago.
- Defiant Apparel: This stylish tricorn hat comes with a built-in eyepatch that protects the wearer from a variety of ocular incursions, as well as looking extremely piratical.
- Cosmo, the Space Pig: It wouldn’t be Pillars of Eternity without Cosmo! Cosmo accompanies your party, floating on cyan gossamer, inspiring you through a combination of unflappable courage and incredible cuteness.
- Digital P&P Guide: Pillars of Eternity has a strong tradition of adapting and adopting pen-and-paper techniques in our systems and adventure designs. Our designers decided to take that knowledge and give something back to the tabletop community! This pen-and-paper adventuring system has been developed from the ground up by Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire lead designer Josh Sawyer and other members of the Deadfire design team. Connect with other Deadfire fans and create your own adventures!
- Hi-Res Digital Map: This handsome sea chart is suitable for use as a desktop wallpaper or can be printed to assist you with navigating the treacherous waters of the Deadfire Archipelago.
- Digital Guidebook, Vol. II: Created by our friends at Dark Horse Comics, this is the next volume in the comprehensive guide to the world of Pillars of Eternity, filled with the legends, lore, and lost locations of the Deadfire Archipelago. Useful as an adventuring companion, or just to browse and learn more about the intricacies of this deep and enigmatic corner of Eora, the digital guidebook features beautiful illustrations and plenty of fascinating backgrounds.
Release date : 08.05.2018
Developer : Obsidian Entertainment
Publisher : Versus Evil
Languages : English, German, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
processor : Intel Core i3-2100T @ 2.50 GHz / AMD Phenom II X3 B73
graphics : DirectX 11 Compatible
memory : 4 GB RAM
diskspace : 45 GB available space
system : Windows Vista 64-bit or newer
processor : Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
memory : 8 GB RAM
diskspace : 45 GB available space
system : Windows 10 64-bit or newer