With over 2 million copies sold, the new episode of the most internationally successful S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series seamlessly connects to the first part of the Shadow of Chernobyl.S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat takes PC gamers once again into the vicinity of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor that exploded in 1986. This so-called « Zone » is a highly contaminated area cordoned off by the military and now is combed through by the so-called stalkers, modern fortune hunters, in search of unique artifacts. In the role of Agent Alexander Degtyarev, who is dressed up as a stalker, the player has to investigate the mysterious disappearance of five military helicopters and thereby stand one’s ground against the various stalker groups.
- One of the first DirectX11 games.
- The story begins where S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl has ended.
- Photorealistic exclusion Zone: All locations are recreated by their true-to-life prototypes based on photographs.
- The new exciting storyline with a number of unique characters.
- Extended system of handmade side quests.
- New monsters: Chimera and Burer. New behavior and abilities for all monsters.
- New A-Life system, created using the players’ best-liked elements of the first two games in series.
- Emissions considerably influence the world of the Zone.
- Sleep function added to the game.
- New player’s interface.
- Possibility to continue the game after completion in a free play mode.
- Up to 32 players can compete in the multiplayer part. Four different play modes and a countless amount of maps are available.
Release date : 11.02.2010
Developer : GSC Game World
Publisher : GSC Game World
Languages : English, German, French, Italian, Russian
processor : 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 / Athlon XP 2200+
graphics : GeForce FX 5900XT / Radeon 9600 Series
memory : 1 GB
diskspace : 6 GB
system : Windows XP
processor : 2.13GHz Core 2 Duo E6400 / Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
graphics : GeForce 7900 GTX / Radeon X1950 Series
memory : 2 GB
diskspace : 6 GB